Proceeds from the annual Brooksie Way races are delivered back into the community by way of the Brooksie Way Minigrant Program, designed to fund programs that support and promote health and wellness projects and active lifestyles in Oakland County.
Since the program began nearly three years ago, Brooksie Way Minigrants have awarded more than $97,000 to community health and wellness programs, touching thousands of lives along the way.
"The Brooksie Way Minigrant program is proving to be extremely popular," Patterson said. "It helps local communities by supplying programs that promote good health. Since its inception, it has returned to the communities nearly $100,000 in grants. I'm delighted to make those awards in my son's name."
- Minigrants are awarded three times a year – Application deadlines are April 1, Aug. 1 and Dec. 1.
- Local communities and non-profit agencies operating in Oakland County can apply for funding.
- Any Oakland County organization can apply for a Brooksie Way Minigrant.
- The eligible grant activity should support the promotion of healthy and active lifestyles.
- The program awards grants of up to $2,000 to qualified organizations.
Support from HealthPlus, the presenting sponsor for the Brooksie Way Half Marathon, helps make the minigrant program possible. "We’re pleased that our sponsorship helps make the Brooksie Way Minigrants possible for additional worthwhile health and wellness initiatives in Oakland County,” said Bruce Hill, president and CEO, HealthPlus.